- TRAID is looking for a full-time Sorter asap
- Based at our warehouse in North Wembley
- Salary £20,452 per year. TRAID is a London Living Wage Employer.
TRAID is a UK registered charity (297489) working to tackle and solve the environmental damage and social injustices caused by making, consuming and disposing our clothes. We are the only charity in the UK dedicated to the collection and reuse of unwanted clothes. Every year, TRAID stop thousands of tonnes of wearable clothes from being thrown away or wasted. We collect clothing via our free home collections service, a UK-wide network of clothes reuse banks and over the counter in our 11 charity shops in London. The clothes collected by TRAID are then hand sorted at our warehouse in Wembley and dispatched to our charity shops for resale. The money we raise by reusing and reselling the clothes people no longer want, use or need, are committed to projects around the world stopping exploitation and environmental degradation in the supply chains making our clothes.
The role of Sorter is responsible for grading and sorting donations of clothes, shoes and other goods to be distributed to TRAID’s charity shops, and reports to the Sorting Supervisor.
- Grading clothes and other items for TRAID’s charity shops, online and wholesale.
- Ability to work as part of a team to meet targets.
- Ability to be flexible with required tasks.
- Handle clothes and other items donated to TRAID’s efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure accurate record keeping where required.
- Observe TRAID’s policies and procedures, including health and safety policies.
- To be a punctual and committed staff member.
- Be committed to TRAID’s charitable objectives across the environment, education and international development.
Skills and experience
- Some knowledge of fashion brands and labels is desirable.
- Good communication skills.
- Good track record of reliability in previous posts.
- Physical stamina.
To apply, please email your CV and a short covering letter to the Sorting Supervisor, Rose Nkore. Or post to Rose Nkore, TRAID, 5 Second Way, Wembley, HA9 0YJ