Mobile Sales Assistant Vacancy
- Full-Time Mobile Sales Assistant Vacancy
- Various locations in London, to cover staff on holidays or on sick leave across 12 TRAID shops
- London Living Wage salary £21,678 p/a plus travel expenses (£100 per month)
TRAID is looking for a full-time Mobile Sales Assistant, to work across our 12 TRAID shops, to cover staff on holidays or on sick leave.
The Mobile Sales Assistant will be responsible for supporting Shop Managers in the day-to-day running of our vibrant busy shops, including delivering positive customer service, increasing sales, pricing products and reporting to the Manager. We particularly welcome people with a genuine interest in second-hand clothing who are familiar with the joys of browsing charity shop rails.
TRAID is a UK registered charity (297489) working to tackle and solve the environmental damage and social injustices caused by making, consuming and disposing our clothes. We are the only charity in the UK dedicated to the collection and reuse of unwanted clothes. The money we raise by reusing and reselling the clothes people no longer want, use or need, are committed to projects around the world stopping exploitation and environmental degradation in the supply chains making our clothes. We are a London Living Wage Employer.
- Assist processing the weekly delivery and keeping the shop stocked.
- Ensure the cash register balance at the end of the day.
- Be responsible for the store when the Shop Manager is absent.
- Observe TRAID’s policies and procedures, including health and safety policies.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ensure customers feel welcomed in our charity stores.
- Ensure the overall cleanliness and tidiness of the shop.
- Be committed to TRAID’s charitable objectives across the environment, education and international development.
Skills and Experience
- Have a strong interest in fashion, labels and brands.
- Good track record of reliability in previous posts.
- Willing to be flexible with hours and working days.
- Knowledge of clothing labels and brands.
- Ability to handle cash and change.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work creatively using initiative.
- Strong communications skills.
- Customer service experience.
To apply, please email your CV to Rodrigo Flores, TRAID’s HR and Volunteer Manager.